Avocado and Shells Crab Salad
- 1/2 lb pkg of shells, uncooked
- 1 cup fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup freshly sliced radishes
- 12 oz fresh or canned crab meat
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 each of red and yellow bell peppers cut in small strips
- 1/4 cup each sliced green onions and chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each honey and fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
Prepare shells according to pack age directions, adding broccoli the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain. In a large bowl, combine first nine (9) ingredients. In a small bowl, blend the remaining ingredients. Toss with salad. Serve immediately or chill.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana