Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salad
- One 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- One 9 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, with tops
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Combine beans, cheese, corn, green onions, celery and red pepper in large bowl. Combine picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, cumin and garlic; mix well. Toss with bean mixture. Chill, if desired. Serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes 8 servings, about 5 cups salad.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana