Spicy Sweet Pepper Patch Salad
- 1 med onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves, garlic. minced
- 1 small yellow, orange or red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
Saute onion, garlic and peppers in dressing in 10 inch skillet 4 minutes, add picante sauce; cook uncovered over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomato. Chill. Serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes four 3/4 cups servings.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana