Eggplant Skillet Deluxe
- 1 Med eggplant (about 1 lb), peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced green onions, including tops
- 2 tbs butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- One 6-1/2 oz can minced clams with liquid, undrained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each salt and Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
Simmer eggplant in 1/2 inch salted water until tender (about 6 to 10 minutes); drain. Cook onions in butter until soft but not brown. Add eggplant and remaining ingredients; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana