Shrimp and Pepper Pasta
- 1 or 2 med onions, as desired, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 med red pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 med green pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- One 28 oz can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil or 1 to 1-1/2 tbs dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 lb hot cooked linguine
Cook onions and garlic in oil in large skillet until onion is tender but not brown. Add shrimp and peppers; cook about 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, picante sauce, basil and oregano; heat through. Toss with linguine. Serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Cajun Country -- New Iberia, Louisiana